Cleansing vs. Exfoliating: What’s the Difference?
You already know that you need to use face wash for men every day. For most guys once in the morning and once before bed is ideal.
And you know that exfoliating with face scrub for men is important too - though it’s not a daily thing. One to three times each week is all you need for the best results.
– One big caveat here: Everyone is unique. Make sure that you prepare a men’s skincare regimen that is best for your skin type. Don’t just mimic somebody else’s routine; select skincare for men products that get you the best results.
Getting back to cleansers vs. exfoliaters: what’s the difference? Why the different schedules and distinct products?
Using face wash for men everyday keeps your skin clean and fresh. Think of cleansing as the first essential building block to healthy skin. Without a good routine of facial cleansing, the rest of your skincare regimen will not be as effective.
– Remove dirt and grime. Throughout the day, your face collects all kinds of junk. Dirt, grime, sweat, and pollutants gathers on your skin and can get clogged up in your pores. The result is dull skin with redness and blemishes.
– Reduce the amount of acne-causing bacteria. If you are not using the best face wash for men, you are not getting rid of these nasty bacteria. Leaving them on your face is a recipe for disaster - pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and other unsightly facial acne.
Face scrub for men exfoliates your skin. That means it breaks away the top layer of dead skin cells covering your face. Unlike face wash for men, which cleans away impurities, face scrub reveals the fresh, new skin cells beneath the upper, dead layer.
After you’ve applied an exfoliator, your skin is better able to absorb other products.
For example, shaving after using face scrub will give you the closest, cleanest shave possible. Instead of getting caught beneath dead skin cells and becoming ingrown, your facial hair will naturally stand away from the skin. Use natural shave cream for men after exfoliating for the best experience.
With each product clearly described, you will now be able to better comprehend these major differences between cleansers and exfoliators:
– Goal - Cleansers remove dirt and bacteria. Exfoliaters get rid of dead skin cells.
– Frequency of Use - You should use face wash for men daily. Exfoliate just once a week (or even less in some cases) if you have dry or sensitive skin. Normal and oily skin should be scrubbed one to three times weekly.
– Ingredients - Each product’s ingredients are linked to their intended use. For example, natural face scrub for men contains pumice, jojoba beads, and other organic ingredients to dig into the top layer of dead skin and get to the bright, fresh skin cells below.
Don’t be fooled by typical drug-store brands that claim to have “natural” ingredients. Be smart - check the label and see what’s really in there. Truly natural, organic products are safe for your skin. They offer short and long term benefits without the worry of what synthetic chemicals your skin might be absorbing.
Take good care of your face. Use natural face wash for men and the best face scrub for men. Select products designed for your skin type. And use them as intended - everything in moderation. You’ll see results that make adding these products to your daily skincare routine well worth it.