The Grooming Manual
Are you looking for a versatile hair styling product that won’t leave your hair looking wet or greasy? How about a product that not only combats humidity and sweat, but keeps your hair looking like you just walked out of the barbershop?
It’s possible - with the right hair styling product: matte clay pomade. Whether you want to achieve a classic look or something more modern, clay pomade can help you get the style you want with a natural, matte finish.
But what about other types of pomade hair, such as paste pomade? What’s the difference between clay pomade and paste pomade? And how do you choose the best product for your hair?
Clay Pomade vs. Paste Pomade
Typically made from petroleum jelly or beeswax, pomade is a hair styling product that has been around since the 18th century.
Clay pomade is made with the addition of well, clay. This combination creates a thick consistency that becomes pliable with your hands.
Clay pomade works well to combat humidity and absorb oil creating a strong all-day hold with little to no shine. While clay pomade is great for all hair types, it works especially well for those with thick, wavy, and short to medium hair.
Paste pomade has a lighter consistency that also becomes pliable with your hands creating a medium all-day hold. Paste pomade provides a soft and natural finish with minimal shine. As with clay pomade, paste pomade can be used by all hair types but is best for those with curly, thin, or longer hair.
Avoid Potentially Harmful Pomade Ingredients
Reading ingredient labels doesn’t just apply to food. Before buying your pomade, there are a few ingredients you should avoid for the health of your hair.
- Parabens - While this is a group of chemicals commonly found in haircare and beauty products, parabens are actually harmful to your hair health. Parabens can deplete the moisture from your hair, cause scalp irritation, and hair loss.
- Sulfates - Commonly found in many shampoos and other hair care products, sulfates strip away natural oils leaving your scalp and hair dry. Sulfates may also cause colored hair to fade.
Key Ingredients in Clay Pomade for Men
Our Styling Clay Pomade is made with these natural ingredients to create the best hair matte clay pomade with a powerful, pliable hold and a no-shine finish.
- Beeswax - The base for our styling product, beeswax provides hold and protection to keep your hair exactly the way you styled it.
- Bentonite Clay - Derived from volcanic ashes, bentonite clay is the best hair clay providing healing properties. It also aids in hydration, draws out excess oil, and provides a naturally strong, workable hold.
- Hydrolyzed Proteins - These proteins nourish your scalp, strengthen your hair to retain moisture, and reduce breakage, leaving your hair looking fuller.
- Argan Oil - Full of fatty acids and antioxidants, argan oil softens and conditions your hair, leaving it naturally clean and smoothing its texture.
- Aloe - Rich in fatty acids, amino acids, and vitamins, aloe strengthens and moisturizes your hair strands for fuller, more voluminous hair.
Key Ingredients in Paste Pomade for Men
Our Shaping Past Pomade is formulated to create the best paste pomade with a medium, pliable hold and a minimal-shine finish. Like our clay pomade, it has a beeswax base and is made with these natural ingredients:
- Red Algae Extract - Its plentiful vitamins, minerals, and amino acids moisturize and strengthen your hair.
- Hyaluronic Acid - Drawing in water, hyaluronic acid moisturizes, thickens, and increases volume for healthier, more resilient hair.
- Lanolin - A natural wax, lanolin protects against breakage and prevents water loss, keeping hair strong and moisturized.
How to Choose a Pomade that Works for You
The right pomade for you, whether clay or paste, will depend on your hair texture, desired style, finish, and hold requirement. Whichever you choose, make sure to select the best pomade product without compromising the health of your hair.
Still not sure which product to use? Another alternative is to combine both products a little at a time to create the look that you need. You can’t go wrong with our Styling Clay Pomade and Shaping Paste Pomade.