The Essential Valentine’s Day Grooming Guide
Chocolates, check. Wine, check. Dozen roses, check. This Valentine’s Day is going to be picture perfect.
Except not. Because you look a mess.
If there is one day in the year that you really need to step up your men’s grooming game, it’s definitely Valentine’s Day. Show your special someone that you love them. Take an approach to skincare for men that will make them feel the romance in the air.
The Kissable Face Routine
You want a clean, smooth, blemish-free face for Valentine’s Day. So follow this easy men’s skincare routine that will make you damn near irresistible:
- Wash - Start with the best face wash for men. Clean away impurities and grime without stripping your skin of essential oils. Now you’ve got a clean slate.
- Scrub - Exfoliate to remove dead skin and rid your pores of any contaminants. Choose a natural face scrub for men that leaves your skin refreshed and new without resorting to harsh chemicals.
- Hydrate - Now you need to lock in moisture so your skin stays smooth and clean all day (and into the night). Use face moisturizer for men. This creates a protective layer over your skin that prevents dehydration and keeps you looking your best.
- Lip Balm - Dry, cracked, chapped lips are not going to encourage any romantic displays of affection. Get smooth, hydrated, healthy lips by applying the best lip balm for men throughout the day. Choose a no-shine formula that moisturizes your lips without any extra nonsense.
The Smooth Shave Routine
Get a smooth, clean shave for Valentine’s Day with this routine. Because razor bumps, ingrown hairs, and redness are decidedly un-sexy. Don’t spend this most romantic of days nervously itching your neck. Instead, use these tips to look your best.
- Wash - Again, begin with face wash for men. This will remove bacteria that could lead to skin irritation post-shave.
- Scrub - Exfoliating before you shave is a must. This opens the pores, stands your facial hairs up and away from your skin, and sets you up for the best possible shave. Don’t skip the face scrub for men before you grab your razor. It’s the most important pre-shave step.
- Shave - Use a safety razor and the best shave cream for men. Forget foaming shave cream - it doesn’t protect your skin and can lead to serious skin irritation. A thick, lotion-like shave cream is best since it hydrates your skin and protects it from your blade as you shave.
- Aftershave - Applying a natural aftershave is a must if you want to prevent skin problems. Don’t use products with alcohol or menthol - both will only tighten, dry, and irritate your skin. Instead, choose a natural, calming aftershave that soothes your skin. Your SO will appreciate it.
The Soft & Smooth Body Routine
You need to look and feel your very best on Valentine’s Day. And not just your face. If you don’t think much about body grooming for men, this is the time to start thinking. Because when things get intimate, you want to be cool and confident. Use this routine:
- Wash - Don’t use that same old drug store soap bar. It’s not doing your skin any favors. In fact, its harsh chemicals are drying out your skin and contributing to premature aging. Switch that with a natural soap bar for men, a soap scrub bar for men, or the best body wash for men. Depending on your preference, any of these natural products will leave your skin clean and fresh without dehydrating it.
- Hydrate - Use body lotion for men to keep your skin smooth and touchable on Valentine’s Day. This is not about having soft, delicate skin. Instead, your goal is to prevent dry, flaky skin and ensure that your SO is only thinking of you - not your gross dry skin - on this romantic occasion.
Prepare Now for a Great Valentine’s Day
Are you already thinking about the perfect gift or getaway for Valentine’s Day? Great. You should be thinking about your skincare for men routine too. Prepare now to look your best and have a picture perfect Valentine.
A Closer Look at Hand Grooming
What do your hands say about you? More than you think. Having well groomed ha...
What to Do When You First Notice Hair Loss
Nobody likes to admit it, but most guys lose at least some of their hair. It’...
Does Your Haircare Routine Match Your Hair Type?
You know the importance of following a skincare regimen that fits your skin t...