Black Men Skin Care for Ashy Skin
You’ve seen the essential men’s skin care routine on the Grooming Manual before. You know the basics: cleansing and moisturizing twice daily. The best times are in the morning after waking up and just before going to bed.
But for black men, there are unique skincare challenges. You already know the importance of preventing ingrown hairs. And you've benefitted from The Grooming Manual's recommendations on shaving and skin care for black men. But what about dealing with dry, ashy skin? How can good black men skin care help you?
What Causes Ashy Skin
Black men with dry skin may notice their skin takes a gray, ashy look. What’s the problem? There are lots of factors that can contribute to dry skin.
Do you work in a dry, air conditioned office? Or out in the hot sun? Either way, your skin can get dried out by your environment.
Things get even worse in the winter when the air is naturally drier. It leeches moisture from your skin and leaves you dry and ashy.
How can you prevent dryness throughout the day? You need to make sure that you lock moisturize into your skin and keep it hydrated.
When you wash your face in the morning, use natural face wash for men. Don’t just reach for the regular old soap bar. The harsh chemicals in most soaps will dry your skin out even worse and throw off your delicate pH balance. An organic face wash for men is always the best choice.
Follow up with face moisturizer for men. This is your #1 line of defense if you often suffer from dry, ashy skin and want to prevent it in the future.
Choose a natural face moisturizer for men with ingredients that are gentle yet effective. These include aloe vera and hyaluronic acid. Both are natural moisturizers that keep your skin hydrated throughout the day.
Beyond Your Face
It's not just your face. You can get dry, ashy skin all over your body. What causes this?
Ashy skin forms when dry skin cells become extremely dehydrated. They eventually begin to flake away from the skin. This causes an uneven skin tone and an ashy appearance. To prevent dry skin, use these tips:
- Use Charcoal Soap. Men’s grooming experts agree that charcoal is one of the most effective ingredients in modern men’s soaps. A natural soap for men with charcoal will cleanse your skin without drying it out.
- Use Body Lotion. Choose the best body lotion for men. Avoid lotions and creams in most drug stores. They’re packed with harsh chemicals that will only do damage to your skin. Instead, choose a hydrating body lotion for men with natural ingredients.
Create a Solid Routine
Black men skin care doesn't have to be complicated, confusing, or difficult. Just be sure you are using great products that will help you achieve the best results.
For your face, a solid routine should include:
- Face Wash. Choose a natural face wash for men that will cleanse your skin without leaving it dry or irritated.
- Face Moisturizer. Keep your skin hydrated and healthy with natural face moisturizer for men. It will leave your skin bright and clean, not oily or shiny.
For the rest of you, use:
- Charcoal Soap. Select a natural charcoal soap for men without the irritating chemicals in most products. You don’t want to dry out your skin with your soap bar.
- Body Lotion. Not some heavily scented, chemical laden mess. Pick up a natural body lotion for men that moisturizes without unnecessary junk ingredients.
With a solid routine and natural products, you can make black men skin care a total success.
How to Create an Easy Anti-Aging Routine
Has your reflection been looking a bit rough lately? As you age, the years ta...
How to Handle Men's Grooming in Your 40’s
You’re older. You’re wise. Your perspective has changed - for the better. And...
Men's Grooming and the Rise of the Millennial Man
Everything can be labeled. If you’re a guy born between the early 1980’s and ...