Why A Simple Approach to Men’s Grooming Is Best
The Grooming Manual has been offering expert skincare for men tips for over three years now. In that time, dozens of posts have analyzed the facts about good men’s grooming. All to help you look and feel your best.
What are the most popular posts, time and time again? How to start a simple skincare for men routine.
Why do guys prefer a simple approach to men’s grooming? Can simple still bring significant results? What’s the best way to get started if you’ve never given much thought to skincare for men?
Simple Is Best
Life is too complicated as it is. There’s no reason to make things worse with a complex approach to men’s grooming. Simple is best because:
- You’re much more likely to stick to a simple routine.
- It won’t take too much time out of your day.
- You won’t have an entire bathroom shelf full of grooming products.
If your skincare for men routine takes 20 minutes every morning, it’s not going to last. And the truth is there’s no reason to make it so hard on yourself. A simple, easy routine can keep your skin clean, youthful, and healthy. Here’s how.
How to Get Started
The absolute basics of good skincare for men are wash and hydrate. Simple.
- Wash - Use a natural face wash for men with gentle cleansers. Many guys like a charcoal face wash for men. Men’s Journal has recommended them since charcoal “purges” your skin of bacteria and grime.
- Hydrate - Use a face moisturizer for men that keeps your skin hydrated all day long. Locking in moisture first thing in the morning is best. When skin dries out, it looks dull. Dehydrated skin also leads to wrinkles and other signs of aging.
Going Beyond the Basics
It's easy to expand on this basic skincare for men routine too. It all depends on your goals.
- Haircare - Take time in the shower to use natural shampoo for men and natural hair conditioner for men. For most guys, shampoo should be used daily or every other day. You only need to use conditioner 2-3 times each week. Your goal is to give your hair a natural, clean shine. Choose products with natural, scalp-nourishing ingredients to help prevent hair loss too.
- Anti-Aging - A good skincare for men routine will help you slow down the aging process. But as you get older, your own skin starts to turn against you. Collagen production slows down. Your skin becomes less elastic, more prone to wrinkles and fine lines. That’s when you need to go on the offensive with a solid anti-aging routine for men.
Again, keep it simple. Use an anti-aging cream for men with powerful moisturizing ingredients. Apply eye cream for men to reduce puffiness and dark circles. Even with an advanced anti-aging routine that includes face serum for men, you’re still only sacrificing a few minutes of your day. But the results are significant - you’ll hold onto your impressive, youthful appearance much longer than most guys.
Does this seem too difficult already? Don’t want more than just one or two products? You still shouldn’t abandon the idea of good skincare for men. Use an all in one wash for men for your hair, face, and body. It’s the fastest, easiest way to approach men’s grooming.
Stick to Your RoutineAre you committed to looking and feeling your best? Do you take time out of your busy schedule to get regular exercise? Skincare for men is no different.
Invest a few minutes in yourself each day with a basic skincare for men routine. Make sure you’re using a gentle face wash for men - or an all in one wash for men - and face moisturizer for men everyday. Build on that essential habit to improve your approach to men’s grooming. The results are well worth the small effort.
Does Body Hair Make Your Body Odor Worse?
Body odor is a deal breaker. Your co-workers don’t like it. Your SO (or any p...
How to Make Men’s Grooming Easy, Fast, and Effective
What are the most common excuses guys cite for not taking care of their skin?...
Are Men’s Grooming and Masculinity at Odds?
It’s a complex question. You want to be masculine and manly. But you wan...